- 500g Mascarpone
- 1 ½ cups strong maccha
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 packages of lady fingers
- 1 oz liqueur of your choice (Grand Marnier, Kaluha, etc.)
- Put 4 tsp maccha through tea sifter into round bowl.
- Add 1 ½ cups 80 degree Celsius water, in 2 parts; whisk maccha with bamboo whisk until dissolved
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat yolks with sugar until creamy and smooth. Beat egg whites until firm and fluffy
- Mix Mascarpone into yolks and sugar, then fold into egg whites
- Dip lady fingers in maccha and layer bottom of pie plate
- Cover with Mascarpone mixture. Repeat biscuit and Mascarpone mixture layers
- Using tea sifter, lightly, but completely cover with maccha.
- Refrigerate or freeze before serving
Note: Lady fingers don’t soak up maccha as fast as standard espresso tiramisu because whisking cools the water a tad.