- 190g wheat flour
- About 2 tsp maccha
- About 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 20-30g walnuts (roasted and crushed)
- 20-30g white chocolate
- 100g butter (room temperature)
- 70g brown sugar
Prep: Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and maccha into a bowl
together and preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. (This is a good time to bake the walnuts: they shouldn’t take more than 15-20 minutes.)
- Put butter in a bowl with the egg and mix with an egg mixer.
- Slowly add powder (maybe in 3 goes) and mix until the dough is no longer powdery.
- Mix in the chestnuts and white chocolate. (Make sure the walnuts have had enough time to cool down, otherwise they will stick to and mess up the white chocolate.)
- Using two spoons, spread the mixture into cookie circles on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 160 degrees C
Options: Without adding eggs, one can make the cookies to the size of one’s palm and the cookies turn into a shortbread like texture that is yummy in its own way. Also, you can increase maccha to taste.